|Europe and Asia||North America|
|Hong Kong||Grapevine, Texas|
|Sydney, Australia||Richardson, Texas|
|Slough, UK||Chicago, Illinois|
|London, UK||Herndon, Virginia|
Why host in a Rackspace data centre?
- Keycard protocols, biometric scanning protocols and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitor access to every one of our data centres.
- Only authorised data centre personnel are granted access credentials to our data centres. No one else can enter the production area of the data centre without prior clearance and an appropriate escort.
- Every data centre employee undergoes multiple and thorough background security checks before they're hired.
- Click here for more information on our security controls.
- Should a total utility power outage ever occur, all of our data centres’ power systems are designed to run uninterrupted, with every server receiving conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power.
- Our UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant, with instantaneous failover if the primary UPS fails.
- If an extended utility power outage occurs, our routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely.
- Every data centre's HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant. This ensures that a duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure.
- Every 90 seconds, all the air in our data centres is circulated and filtered to remove dust and contaminants.
- Our advanced fire suppression systems are designed to stop fires from spreading in the unlikely event one should occur.
Core routing equipment
- Only fully redundant, enterprise-class routing equipment is used in Rackspace data centres.
- Fibre carriers enter our data centres at disparate points to guard against service failure.
- We require that the networking and security teams working in our data centres be certified. We also require that they be thoroughly experienced in managing and monitoring enterprise-level networks.
- Our Certified Network Technicians are trained to the highest industry standards.