In order to be eligible for the Critical Application Services - Advanced Service Level Guarantee your Production Platform must conform to the following Minimum Requirements and be approved by the Rackspace Web Scale Engineer team:
1. Your Production Platform must have a hardware firewall appliance as part of its configuration, all servers and devices must be part of Rackspace’s standard product offering and implemented in a supported fashion (not all of Rackspace’s standard product offering is eligible for the Critical Application Services - Service Level Guarantee, please contact your Rackspace representative for more detail), and all components and applicable sub-components (including any cloud Services and the firewall appliance(s)) must be implemented in a Rackspace approved N+1 High Availability configuration, which means that:
- If a set of servers and devices is necessary to constitute your Production Platform, you must purchase and maintain an identical and redundant set of the same servers and devices.
- If any server or device has sub-components which may be configured or implemented in a redundant fashion (such as NIC’s, PSU’s etc.) then each applicable server or device must implement such sub-components in such redundant fashion.
- All High Availability devices must have the monitoring tools configured and active on both the active and passive devices in the configuration.
2. If your Production Platform includes any Rackspace Cloud Services, you must utilise RackConnect to link those Cloud Services to your dedicated Hosted System.
3. If your Production Platform includes any (i) devices which are subject to the Managed Colocation Terms & Conditions, or (ii) any Cloud Servers which are not receiving support under Cloud Servers with a Managed Service Level, then you must grant Rackspace root level access to the devices or Services, monitor such access, and remove such access if you are no longer receiving Critical Application Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are fully responsible for the security of such devices and services.
© 2012 Rackspace International GmbH
20 August 2012