If you purchase an Imperva WAF Service from Rackspace, then these additional Terms and Conditions apply to your Services.
1. The Imperva Web Application Firewall Service
The Imperva Web Application Firewall is designed to help secure your web applications from online threats by inspecting web traffic and dynamically learning from traffic flows to regulate legitimate and potentially malicious traffic.
While the use of an Imperva WAF can assist you in both securing your Hosted System and meeting various regulatory requirements, it is only a part of a complete security or compliance solution, and Rackspace makes no guarantee whatsoever that your use of an Imperva WAF will prevent security breaches of your data or Hosted System or meet any compliance or regulatory requirement. You are responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements applicable to your business and use of the Rackspace Services, and for the components of your Hosted System that meet such requirements.
Your purchase of the Imperva WAF Service from Rackspace includes a monthly management Service administered by Imperva in conjunction with your Rackspace support team (identified on your Services Description as either Silver or Gold).
To support your Imperva WAF Service, Rackspace will utilize a SecureSphere MX Management Server which is shared with multiple customers also using the Imperva WAF Service; you will have a dedicated SecureSphere appliance installed in your configuration.
If you purchase a High-Availability Service (as identified on your Services Description), then Rackspace will deploy a pair of Imperva WAF's in HA mode.
In order to receive support from Imperva's Security Operations Center, you agree that you will cooperate with Rackspace to provide relevant information regarding your configuration. If you fail to respond to Rackspace's reasonable request for information regarding the Imperva WAF Service, then your use of the Service will be on an AS IS basis with no representations or warranties whatsoever.
2. Initial/Default Configuration
Rackspace will deploy your dedicated SecureSphere appliance in inline-bridge mode. Rackspace does not support other network architectures for the Imperva WAF Service. Rackspace will apply the latest patch for the desired appliance firmware version, run the First Time Login initial configuration wizard, configure your dedicated SecureSphere appliance to IMVHA bridge mode, and register your dedicated SecureSphere appliance with our shared MX Management Server.
The Imperva WAF will fail-open, which means that while traffic to the web application will not be blocked in the event of a failure, traffic will also not be monitored for web attacks. Customers seeking uninterrupted monitoring for web threats should consider the High Availability (HA) configuration option.
3. Support Obligations and Services
- Hardware. The hardware replacement service levels and remedies stated in your applicable Service Level Guarantee or Product Terms and Conditions apply to the Imperva WAF Service and devices.
- Response Times. Rackspace will escalate your support requests to the Imperva SOC as it deems appropriate, and will provide the following response time Service Level Commitment for support requests ("Standard" requests include configuration changes and issues resulting in the degraded performance of a non-material aspect of the Service or of your Hosted System; "Critical" requests include downtime or degraded performance of non-material elements of your Service or Hosted System):
Support Level Initial Live Response Level of Effort Silver Critical Less than 1 hour, 24 x 7 continuous 24 x 7 Standard Up to 8 hours business hours Gold Critical Less than 1 hour, 24 x 7 continuous 24 x 7 Standard Up to 4 hours
Support requests must be made via ticket (through your MyRackspace portal) or via telephone (by contacting your support team). The response time guaranties stated above do not apply to support requests made via email. Rackspace will respond either via support ticket, telephone call, or both depending on the severity of the situation and consistent with any procedures we have established with you for your account.
If Rackspace fails to meet the response time commitments described above, you are entitled to a credit of HKD 790* per event, plus an additional HKD 790* for each additional increment of time for which the Response Time is not met (for example, every additional 8 hours for a Standard request with Silver Support after the initial 8), up to 100% of your monthly recurring fee for the Imperva WAF Service in any given calendar month. This credit is your sole and exclusive remedy for Rackspace's failure to meet the response times identified above.
* HKD 790 or the equivalent sum in the billing currency referenced in the Service Description of your Hosting Services Agreement with Rackspace (such equivalent sum shall be determined using the exchange rate as of the day of the event).
- Silver Support. If you purchase Silver Support (as identified on your Services Description) then Rackspace, in conjunction with Imperva, will provide Support for:
- Initial WAF configuration and provisioning
- Initial Tuning of the Imperva WAF rules
- Weekly Alert Reports
- Ongoing Maintenance
- Daily backup of all Imperva WAF device configurations
- 24x7 Health Monitoring of your Imperva WAF
- Patch Installation (scheduled with you)
- General configuration and reporting
- Gold Support. If you purchase Gold Support (as identified on your Services Description) then in addition to the above Rackspace, in conjunction with Imperva, will provide Support for:
- Thread Radar "Reputation" Service (monitors your outbound traffic to help prevent malicious traffic from originating in your configuration)
- Custom Reports
You acknowledge that the Imperva WAF Service may not successfully mitigate all attacks or block all malicious traffic, and may also result in some legitimate traffic being diverted from your website(s). EXCEPT AS EXPLICITLY DESCRIBED ABOVE, RACKSPACE MAKES NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE IMPERVA WAF SERVICE, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.